Image Map

TV Guys I Wish Were Real

I'm not huge on following TV series' because I cannot for the life of me ever remember to watch them.  But I am a professional Netflixer who specializes in comedies and social/medical/political dramas. 

Do you ever become so wrapped up in a series that you find yourself liking the characters more than some people in real life? I do this all the time, specifically with the guy characters.  I always fall in love with one of the leading men in all my favorite TV shows and think "Ugh, why can't he be real so I could date him?" (don't pretend like you don't do this too)

Because obviously if these guys were real they would be lining up to date me.............

These are some of my personal faves.
(and if you're wondering this is definitely my most shallow and useless post ever... and also one of my favorites.)


Jim Halpert


The Office is and always will be one of my favorite shows.  To be honest, Jim isn't necessarily my favorite character because it's obviously Dwight or Stanley... or Andy or Phyllis. Or everyone. But he's definitely the most adorable.  I mean who wouldn't want someone who looks like him sitting at the desk next to you putting staplers in jello and covering everything in wrapping paper? I know it would make my day a little more interesting.

Edward Meechum


I love House of Cards and while I'm somehow still obsessed with Frank Underwood after all the shit he's pulled, I thought I'd pick someone more age-appropriate like Meechum.  If you don't watch HOC, Edward Meechum is Frank's bodyguard and isn't really a major character on the show.  But, between the suits and that sexy scowl he always has on his face, he is definitely the hottest.  And if you do watch the show, do you just pretend the shenanigans from the second half of season 2 never happened? I know I do. #weird

Fitzgerald Grant


Keeping with the political theme here, my next guy is President Fitzgerald Grant from Scandal.  Besides the fact that he's, you know, president, there's something about him that makes him so adorable.  But being the president definitely helps.  Unfortunately I'll never have the political mind or wardrobe of Olivia Pope, so even if he were real I wouldn't stand a chance.  Plus, I wouldn't want to end up like Amanda Tanner....

Chuck Bass


This one is pretty predictable considering everyone who has ever watched Gossip Girl loves Chuck.  Or loves to hate him.  For me, the suave demeanor and impeccable style have a lot to do with it, but it doesn't hurt that he's Upper East Side royalty and says things like "We don't need tickets. I'm Chuck Bass." and "Next time you forget you're Blair Waldorf, remember I'm Chuck Bass. And I love you."
Now all I need to do is become Blair Waldorf.

Andy Dwyer


Andy doesn't really fit in with the rest of this list, and if you watch Parks & Rec you know why.  He's basically a goofball with no real skills except playing the guitar and impersonating an FBI agent.  But I still love him.  Perhaps part of the reason I love him could be that I am a real-life April Ludgate and I need a real-life Andy Dwyer to balance me out.  The other part being that his character incredibly lovable and Chris Pratt (who plays him) is flawless. 

Dr. Jackson Avery


With so many gorgeous doctors on this freakin' show, you'd be hard pressed to find a girl who didn't love at least one of them.  Personally, Dr. Karev and Dr. Avery are my favorites but in a one-on-one battle, Dr. Avery wins.  He. Is. Perfect. Plus, he's significantly more likable than Alex Karev.  To say I didn't IMDB Jesse Williams right after the first episode he was on and try to find everything he's every been in would be a lie.  A boldface lie. 



Which TV guys do you wish were real?! You know, so you could date them ;)




7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I have a serious crush on Jim Halpert...not the actor the actual character Jim haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fits for sure! Dr. Avery is also kind of dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh love all of these picks, but ESPECIALLY Fitz!

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh, this is a toughie… Jim Halpert, Jax Teller (Sons of Anarchy), Jimmy-Steve (Shameless), Eric (True Blood), Dexter (I know, I know… serial killer.. but he's hot!), Alcide (True Blood)

    Basically, this entire list is just guys I want to do the hibbity jibbity with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend and I basically have an April/Andy dynamic in our relationship, so I totally get where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Jim Halpert is totally my fictional crush! Also Jack from LOST!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Jim and Andy! I'd say my boyfriend and I are very much like Jim/Pam though, since we met at work and everything hahah! He's also a total prankster and always pulls pranks at work!

    ReplyDelete

Share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...