Image Map

The [Condensed] Soup: August 8

This week has been a doozy (is that even how you spell that? Do people under 50 even say doozy?)
I am so ready for the weekend. But first, check out my top 5 favorite things from this week!



1. How to Get a Baby to Stop Crying


If I'm being honest, I don't find a ton of "viral" videos funny.  Usually whenever anyone is all like "omgomgomg have you seen this video?!", I immediately think great, I have to fake laugh to pretend like I didn't just waste 2 minutes of my life.  But I seriously LOLed when I watched this one.  
Not only is this baby seriously adorable, but it is insanely funny how quickly she goes from crying to excited when she hears the first few chords of the Katy Perry song "Dark Horse." Her face is absolutely priceless.
I've been told I make that same face when a burrito is put in front of me.  

2. More Mindy


Someone posted this article on Facebook this morning called "18 New Things We Need to See on The Mindy Project" and I could not agree more with every single one!  
Let me start out by saying that if you do not watch The Mindy Project, you need to start.  Like right this second.  In a world full of melodramatic crime series' where someone dies every episode and absurd reality shows, TMP is truly the shining star.  It's hilarious, relatable, and has the greatest cast in the entire world.  Not to mention the best guest stars.  My personal favorite is Josh Peck from Drake & Josh playing the hoodrat boyfriend of the sassy and useless medical assistant Tamra.
Anyway, if you're already a fan and watch religiously like I do, take a look at the article.  It hits on so many fun plot lines that would make for some amazing future episodes.  The sheer possibility of an episode where we meet Danny's parents is enough to make me excited. 
Season 3 premieres September 16th and I am not embarrassed to say I am counting down the days. 

3. Political Throwback Thursday


I was completely captivated while scrolling through the photos from this IJReview article of popular political figures before they were famous.  From the super adorable (Rand Paul & Mitt's photos are adorable) to the straight up scary (Joe Biden's hair and Mike Boomberg's mug both frighten me), these will be some of the best throwbacks you've ever laid eyes on. 

4. Design Darling 25% off Sale



Design Darling is having a 25% off sale this weekend and I'm more tempted then ever to buy some fun accessories for my desk at work.  My personal favorites are the acrylic pencil cup and matching business card holder. Oh, and the entire selection of jewelry. Shop some of my favorites below and enter the code BIRTHDAYBASH and checkout to save!

5. #BackThatAzzUp

After discovering this song way later than everyone else, I've officially overplayed it.  But I can't help it, it's so catchy.  If I'm being honest, I'm actually not a fan of any of the singers featured in this song, but together they just work.  If you haven't listened to this song, don't go in expecting a masterpiece.  It's pretty ridiculous and filled with nonsensical lyrics.  I just can't help but love it.  




Happy Weekend!







4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that song and have been playing it on repeat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also that video was hilarious and my husband and I died laughing. And I am obsessed with t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the viral video thing. I have a weird allergy to anything everyone "OMG LOVES!" I don't know why--but that video made me laugh so hard! I was watching it next to my husband on the couch and the second it ended he was like "play it again!!!!" haha

    ReplyDelete

Share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...